Jo Denton has recently been appointed as the new Core Maths Lead for Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole schools and colleges. She is a Lead Practitioner for Mathematics at Queen Elizabeth’s School in Wimborne and works one day a week for the Core Maths Support Programme (CMSP).
This is an opportunity for schools to access some free support and training.
The following support is on offer:
• Meeting with Heads of Maths/ key stage 5 Coordinators/Line Managers to discuss the benefits of Core Maths, the qualifications available from the various exam boards and possible curriculum models.
• Meeting with (prospective) Core Maths teachers to plan schemes of learning and access the wealth of resources available.
• In school training for staff on being competent and confident to teach Core Maths.
• Training at Queen Elizabeth’s School where you can watch a Core Maths lesson, speak to Core Maths students and discuss the lesson and other Core Maths activities afterwards. The first of this training will take place from 9.30am – 1pm on Wednesday 18th January.
• Southwest Regional support meeting in March and June (dates tbc).
For more information please email Jo Denton, JDenton@qe.dorset.sch.uk