Venue: Taunton Racecourse
Date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
Time: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Address: Taunton Racecourse, , Taunton
*Please note, although the date says 2018 the event will in fact take place on Monday June 26th 2017. We hope to rectify this error as soon as we can.
‘The Jurassic Maths Hub is pleased to announce that this year’s Jurassic Maths Summer Conference will be held on Monday the 26th of June at Taunton Racecourse. ‘Nurturing Mathematical Minds’ is aimed at all teachers from Early Years to Post-16 and there are sessions for all including Mastery in KS1 to introducing the New A-level.’
Our main speaker this year will be Professor John Mason. Professor Mason has been involved in the teaching of Mathematics for 55 years. He has spent 40 years at the Open University and retired 7 years ago. He spends most of his time working on mathematical problems, many arising from pedagogical situations. He makes applets to help colleagues (teachers and students) to explore these problems. He is best known for his book ‘Thinking Mathematically’ (1982/2010). He has written numerous other publications, books, chapters and papers, all exploring ways to assist teachers to engage learners in mathematical thinking. Currently his focus is on the importance of attention in teaching and learning mathematics; not only what is attended to, but how.
We are also delighted that Debbie Morgan, NCETM Primary Director, will be our second key note speaker. She will be exploring Mastery in particular with reference to the transition from Key Stage 2 to 3, and how secondary schools will build on the mastery learning that primary pupils will have increasingly experienced.
Jurassic Maths Conference Flyer 2017 (2.4 MiB, 28 hits)
The delegate fee of £75 per person includes refreshments and lunch.
- Safe receipt of your booking form will be acknowledged by email
- Payment – you will be invoiced for the delegate fee which is £75 per person
- Substitute delegates – if you are unable to attend a substitute may attend in your place but please advise any changes as soon as possible
- Two weeks before the conference you will receive joining instructions. If you do not receive this information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation – if you do not attend on the day or cancel on or after the 19th of June 2017 you will not be entitled to a refund. Cancellations made between 12th June 2017 and 18th June 2017 will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations prior to 11th June 2017 will receive a full refund.