Assistant Maths Hub Lead
The Jurassic Maths Hub is excited to be welcoming applications for an Assistant Maths Hub Lead to join our dynamic and committed leadership team from September 2021. This post focuses on the leadership of our Secondary and Level 3 programme.
About us: The National Maths Hubs programme brings together all mathematics education professionals in a national network of hubs, each locally led by an outstanding school or college, and in partnership with neighbouring schools, colleges, universities, CPD providers, maths experts and employers. This is a way of harnessing all maths teaching expertise within an area, to spread excellent practice even more widely, for the benefit of all pupils and students. The Jurassic Maths Hub is led by The Woodroffe School based in Lyme Regis but this role can be partly delivered remotely, with some requirement to travel to partner schools, meetings and events, once circumstances allow. To find out more about the Jurassic Maths Hub, please go to the About Us page on the website.
Responsibilities can be negotiated based upon the experience/expertise of the candidate, but may include:
Supporting the Secondary/Level 3 Maths Hub Lead, including:
- Upholding the aims of the National Maths Hub programme to develop quality teaching of mathematics through a shared understanding of teaching for mastery.
- Maintaining a strategic view of mathematics teaching in our region.
- Promoting the maths hub offer across our region.
- Liaising with strategic partners across our region.
- Assisting with the quality assurance of maths hub programmes.
- Assisting with the strategic planning of maths hub programmes.
- Assisting with the recruitment of participating schools/teachers.
- Assisting with the recruitment of future Work Group leads.
- Contributing to the leadership of Local Leaders of Maths Education events/support to enhance the effectiveness of our Work Group leads.
- Co-ordinating activity with the rest of the Jurassic Maths Hub team as required.
- Attending the Secondary NCETM forums as required.
- Attending and reporting to the Senior Leadership Team meetings regularly.
Experience/Skills: The successful candidate with show:
- Experience of successful Maths Leadership at Secondary level
- Experience of the Secondary teaching for Mastery Programme
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work in a wide range of settings
- A commitment to and flair for the recruitment of new schools into the programme
Funding: The post is ideally offered for 1 day FTE per week, but some flexibility can be negotiated on appointment. The agreed NCETM rate of £350/day will be paid via a service level agreement.
Funding for this position is wholly dependent upon authorisation by the DfE/NCETM and so service level agreements will be issued on the basis of one academic year at a time.
Application deadline: Monday 10th May 2021
Applicants should obtain the support of their Headteacher, where required and must be available for an informal interview on Thursday 13th May 2021.
For further information contact Phil Eadie, Jurassic Maths Hub Lead (Secondary and Level 3): firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter outlining any relevant experience to The Jurassic Maths Hub Co-ordinator, Caroline Lambert via the following email address: email@example.com .