Two maths-specific subject knowledge projects are available to support primary Early Career Teachers (ECT’s) – one is for ECT’s who have not yet participated in this project and one is for those who participated in 2022/23 Both projects offer high-quality subject knowledge and pedagogy maths support for ECT’s recognising the requirements of the ECF.
Communities of ECTs will be formed in these projects, allowing for collaboration and practice-sharing. In both projects, teachers will design effective learning and teaching in maths, and review and analyse their practice.
What will you learn?
- Your pupils will be seen to elaborate when responding to questions, showing that their answer stems from a secure understanding
- You will identify essential concepts, knowledge, skills within the topic area and provide opportunity for all pupils to learn and master these critical components
- You will develop an understanding of approaches to assess pupils’ prior learning, so that learning sequences are planned to take this into account
What is the cost?
The SKTM Primary Early Career Teachers Programme project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.
ECT Phase 1 – APPLY NOW
Workshops will be online and led by Stefanie Burke. Sessions run between 1pm-5pm unless otherwise stated below:
- Launch: 14th November 4.00 – 5.30 (+mentor)
- Workshop 1: 5th December
- Workshop 2: 9th January
- Workshop 3: 6th February
- Workshop 4 : 12th March
- Workshop 5: 30th April
- Workshop 6: 4th June
- Final session: 18th June 4.00 – 5.30 (+mentor)
ECT Phase 2 – We are no longer accepting applications for the Phase 2 Work Group.
Workshops will be online and led by Stefanie Burke between 1pm and 4pm.
- Workshop 1: 28th September (Mentor invited 3-4pm)
- Workshop2: 19th October
- Workshop 3: 16th November
- Workshop 4: 25th January
- Workshop 5: 29th February
- Workshop 6: 21st March
- Workshop 7: 25th April
- Workshop 8: 6th June (mentor invited 3.00-4.00)