On Friday the 23rd of March the Further Mathematics Support Programme is running ‘Using Technology in the Statistics Classroom’ training day at the Blandford School DT11 7SQ
Please click on the link below for more information:
Stats_and_Tech_CPD_Flyer.pdf (65.8 KiB, 154 hits)
The Further Mathematics Support Programme in conjunction with the Jurassic Maths Hub is pleased to offer a Problem Solving in Mechanics day to be held at The Woodroffe School in Lyme Regis on Monday the 26th February from 10am to 3.30pm.
For more information and how to book your place please click on the link below:
Mechanics_Woodroffe_2018.pdf (310.8 KiB, 128 hits)
Bursary application to attend BCME9 – Deadline for applications 30 Nov 2017
- The bursary is to provide an opportunity for mathematics teachers to attend the BCME9 conference.
- It is preferable that the bursaries stimulate interactions across the mathematical community and preference will be given to applications that do this. Please include in your CV details of any membership of JMC societies, e.g. AMET, ATM, BSHM, IMA, LMS, MA, NAMA, NANAMIC etc.
- A full list can be seen on the BCME website.
- The bursary will not cover the costs of supply teaching cover.
- Bursaries will not be made after BCME9 has happened
Full details can be found at http://www.bcme.org.uk/Bursary .
Fractions, ratio and proportion have been given a much greater focus in both the recent KS2 and KS3 curriculums and this is also reflected in the new GCSE exams. Deepening pupils understanding of the underlying multiplicative mathematics is crucial to supporting progress across KS2, into KS3 and beyond.
This tried and tested Work Group model allows KS2 and KS3 teachers to work together, using specifically designed lessons and research-based professional development materials, to focus on the most effective teaching and learning approaches in this area.
Please click on the link for more information
Y5_8_Continuity_flyer.pdf (271.5 KiB, 213 hits)
Please click on the link below and complete the expression of interest form and return to the firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 15th of December.
Expression_of_Interest_form.docx (162.8 KiB, 0 hits)
New Maths SKE course available in Poole starting early 2018
For more information please click on the link below:
SKE_Mathematics_A4_Flyer.pdf (756.4 KiB, 155 hits)